Monday, July 14, 2014

New to Retro



I'm not going to lie to you guys, while I've always been interested in vintage clothing and jewelry, the switch to a pin-up, retro look is still a very recent change for me. Being a nerd, I tried to do as much research as I could. I read blogs, poured over message boards, and watched hours and hours of youtube videos. The thing is, I feel like all of the girls ladies that I read about have been perfecting their looks for years now.



I am not one of those girls, I am a Retro Newbie. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my nylon scarf from slipping, my eyeliner to look just right, and how in the name of sweet buttery pancakes do I build a pretty wardrobe on a budget. I decided to try to share what little wisdom I have with you guys and see if I can't get a little back in return.



That being said, I really just want to talk to you guys about lipstick. When I first started to lean towards a vintage look, I decided the cheapest and easiest way to achieve the vintage look was a bright red lipstick.  The first million times I wore red lipstick, I felt I looked like a hooker.



I went from bare lips to red lips. The fix was easy. I would wear my red lippy around my house, but when I was out and about, I wore a more subtle shade. I did this until I got used to wearing lipstick and seeing myself with a fancy red pout.



Now it feels natural to have dramatic lips. How do y'all feel about red lipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment