Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review: Oblong Box Shop!

I don't know about you guys, but the thought of ordering clothes online terrifies me. I try on most all of my clothing before I purchase it, and I feel nervous about buying something without even seeing first.I decided recently to take the leap and try to order something online, starting slow with a brand new top from The Oblong Box Shop.



I finally decided on the Criss Cross Sweetheart Pin Up Top in Vintage Blue.I was concerned about this top for two reasons - a) the fit and b) the material. The top comes in sizes small to extra large and I was worried the extra large wasn't going to be large enough. The fabric is described as stretchy, and I was very, very nervous that "stretchy" was going to translate into "clingy". Read: chubby girl probs.



I ripped through that package like a toddler on Christmas morning. This top is so awesome! The color is just beautiful, and while the fabric is a little clingy, the elastic along the sides eased my mind-and makes it super flattering .  The only thing that felt awkward was that it had boob pads. I have far too much in that department to even consider adding any more. Luckily, they are removable and all is well.



I decided to style it with two different skirts. The first is a vintage black and grey striped circle skirt- with pockets! I'm really happy to report that this top doesn't bunch up under skirts and cause a weird looking roll underneath the waistband. It sits all nice and smooth like. I also added my great-grandmothers vintage brooch and a pair of glittery gray flats, cause my shoe game is seriously lacking.



I also decided to pair it with my one and only wiggle skirt. It made me feel an entire new level of va va voom sexy. Can you say date night? I felt that this top looked even better with the pencil skirt. I also added yet another vintage brooch and a pair of sparkly stud earrings.



The Verdict: at only $20, this top is a definite do. It (and it's first cousin without the cross-cross straps) comes in a variety of staple colors. Be sure to follow The Oblong Box Shop on Instagram to see when they're in stock, because these tops fly off the shelf quickly- for good reason! I would (and will!) buy again.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! I'm going to post a link on my facebook page and my website! You look amazing for sure!!!

    xoxo
    Denialle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sugar! I sure do appreciate it! Your shop is just wonderful I couldn't resist!

      Delete